Wednesday 6 October 2010

Door Opening Sequence Self Assessment

What do you think was the point to the activity?
I think the point of the activity was to practice our camera techniques that we have learnt so far that are used in the actual film industry. I think the main point of the task was to create a good flowing movie clip, also known as continuity. The editing part was how we made it flow, we learnt how to use a programme called final cut express. In this programme, in our groups, we edited the movie so that it flowed smoothly from one part to the next. This made it look more professional.

In regard to the finished sequence, what do you think worked well?
I think that overall the finished sequence turned out quite good. All of the different shots we took flowed really well, also the actual videoing of the sequence looked excellent in the finished version. The part of the sequence that worked extremely well was when he was opening the door and it went into a close up of his hand. I think that looked professional, and it was achieved using final cut express.

What would you aim to improve about your sequence? What continuity mistakes can you see?
If I had to improve the sequence, then I would include things such as, a title, soundtrack and maybe opening or closing credits. This would make it look more professional and would hopefully flow with the actual  sequence. I would also improve the shooting, some of the clips are a bit short, at the end of each shot we could have waited a bit longer before cutting it. This would help so the audience can get more of a feel of the sequence, and it wouldn't seem rushed. I can't spot any continuity mistakes in the sequence as we had quite basic, straight forward camera shots.

What did you learn from doing this activity?
I learnt how to use the new programme, final cut express, I didn't enjoy using this programme very much. I learnt how to trim and overlap certain shots, although I wasn't successful every time. I also learnt how to take different shots like, close up's, long shots and side shots.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you'd learn some principles of continuity...

    ReplyDelete